H.R. 3434, Tracing Back and Catching Unlawful Robocallers Act of 2019 – included in S. 151, Pallone-Thune Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act, signed into law 12/30/2019
- Requires the FCC to outline a registered consortium to track private-led progress on call authentication; requires the FCC to publish an annual report on the status of the telecommunications industry’s private-led efforts to trace suspected illegal robocalls to their origins and the actions they have taken to coordinate with FCC
Division B, Section 102- of H.R. 6074 -Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2020, signed into law 3/06/2020
- This legislation gives the Secretary of Health and Human services the authority to waive certain restrictions on telehealth services during the coronavirus national emergency, in an effort to prevent a run on the overburdened medical system, and increase virtual doctor visits to slow the spread of COVID-19.
H.J.Res. 38 – Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the Stream Protection Rule, signed into law on 02/16/2017
- This legislation repeals an Obama-era rule that would have had a devastating impact on underground coal mining.
TEACH to Combat Addiction – included in H.R.6, Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities Act or the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, signed into law on 10/24/2018
- This bill amends the Public Health Service Act to require the Department of Health and Human Services to designate Regional Centers of Excellence in Substance Use Disorder Education and provide support to such centers to enhance and improve pain management and substance use disorder education through the distribution of evidence-based curricula for health care professional schools.
H.R. 2636, To establish an independent IG for the FCC, signed into law 3/23/2018
H.R. 4810, the MAPPING NOW Act, signed into law 3/23/2018
- Directs NTIA (National Telecommunications and Information Administration) to resume the National Broadband Map to accurately identify areas that lack broadband coverage
H.R. 6531, the Advancing U.S. Civil Nuclear Competitiveness & Jobs Act, signed into law 8/13/2018 (through NDAA, HR 5515)
- Improves the process by which the Secretary of Energy authorizes the transfer of civilian nuclear commerce technology and assistance.
Republican lead on H.R. 5603, the Access to Telehealth Services for Substance Use Disorder Act (Matsui) – included in H.R.6, Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities Act or the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, signed into law on 10/24/2018
- This bill authorizes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to waive certain requirements with respect to payment for telehealth services provided to a Medicare beneficiary who is receiving treatment for a substance-use disorder or a co-occurring mental-health disorder.
Republican lead on H.R. 5587, the Peer Support Communities of Recovery Act (Lujan) – included in H.R.6, Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities Act or the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, signed into law on 10/24/2018
- This bill amends the Public Health Service Act to allow the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to award grants to nonprofits that focus on substance use disorder to establish regional technical assistance centers to provide assistance regarding implementation of peer-delivered addiction recovery support services, establishment of recovery community organizations and centers, and overdose reversal medication.
E&C Republican co-lead on H.R. 4841, the Standardizing Electronic Prior Authorization for Safe prescribing Act (Schweikert) – included in H.R.6, Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities Act or the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, signed into law on 10/24/2018
- This bill requires Medicare's electronic-prescription program to provide for the secure electronic transmittal of a prior authorization request from a Medicare enrollee's prescribing health-care professional with respect to a drug covered under the Medicare prescription drug benefit.
H.R. 555 – BLM Live Internet Auctions Act, signed into law 12/19/2014
- Allows Internet-based auctions to take place for federal onshore oil and natural gas leases
H.R. 2175 –WWII Memorial Prayer Act, signed into law 6/30/2014
- Approved an inscription with the words that President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s prayed with the nation on June 6, 1944, the morning of D-Day, to be placed on the World War II Memorial in Washington, DC.
H.R. 3548 – Improving Trauma Care Act, signed into law on 08/08/2014
- Amends the Public Health Service Act to include in the definition of "trauma" injuries resulting from thermal, electrical, chemical, or radioactive agents, thus making burn centers eligible for trauma center grants and trauma research programs.
H.R. 3588 – Community Fire Safety Act, signed into law 12/20/2013
- Recognizes that fire hydrants are not a major source of drinking water and exempts them from the Safe Water Drinking Act
S. 2338 – anti doping – Bill introduced in House as H.R. 5614, signed into law on 12/18/2014
- Amends the Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 2006 to: (1) authorize appropriations for the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for FY2014-FY2020, (2) require that the Agency be recognized worldwide as the independent national anti-doping organization for the United States, and (3) replace the Agency's role in preventing the use by U.S. amateur athletes of performance-enhancing genetic modifications accomplished through gene doping with a role in preventing the use of prohibited performance-enhancing methods adopted by the Agency.
H.R. 2646 – Veterans Health Care Facilities Capital Improvement Act of 2011, signed into law 10/05/2011
- Authorized funding for major VA hospital construction projects and medical facility leases for Fiscal Year 2012, and extended special at-need programs for homeless veterans
H.R. 2383 – Modernizing Notice to Claimants Act – signed into law under H.R. 1627, signed into law 8/06/2012
- Allows the VA to email benefits claimants as a way to expedite communication.