CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
With the growth of COVID-19 in Ohio, I thought it would be helpful to consolidate all of the resources that the government is providing at the federal, state, and local levels that will help answer any questions you might have. To be clear, this webpage does not serve as medical advice.
Eastern and Southeastern Ohio is full of great people. This is a time to take care of your families, help your neighbors in need, and do what you can to check on our elderly friends and loved ones. We are strong...we will get through this!
If you have additional questions regarding what category your business falls under, please call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
UNITED STATES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RESOURCES
Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
According to the CDC, if you think that yourself or someone you know has been exposed to COVID-19 and if you are showing the symptoms of a fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, please call your doctor.
COVID-19 Prevention and Precautions
According to the CDC, we can protect ourselves from COVID-19 by following these steps:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water several times a day. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional after calling first) and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces each day, including phones. Use a household cleaner according to label instructions.
- Avoid large gatherings and crowded areas.
- Use online transactions when possible.
- Refrain from visiting nursing homes. Communicate through phone or videocalls instead.
- If you have an older person in your home or someone with compromised health, such as asthma, understand that the biggest threat to them may be you bringing the virus into the home
- Think twice about an upcoming trip. If you or a loved one are older, cancel or postpone all travel.
By following these practices, we can reduce the spread of the virus.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
If you are a veteran and have concerns regarding the VA healthcare facilities you receive care from, please visit their website for more information by clicking this link.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
For more information about SBA guidance and loan resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
OHIO VACCINE INFORMATION
If you want to sign up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, you can visit https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
OHIO COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION