|I am happy to help you in securing a congratulatory greeting from the President for a birthday (for persons 80 years of age or over) or a wedding anniversary (50 years of marriage or more). Presidential Greetings are also available upon achievement of the Eagle Scout or the Girl Scout Gold Award.
Please mail or fax your request to my district office:
Congressman Bill Johnson
246 Front Street
Marietta, OH 45750
Please review these guidelines carefully before sending your request for a Presidential greeting.
1. U.S. CITIZENS ONLY. The President will send greetings to United States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
2. ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED. Your request must be received six (6) weeks in advance of the event date. The White House makes every effort to honor every request, but cannot guarantee a greeting if this guideline is not met. (Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)
3. ANNIVERSARY GREETINGS. Anniversary greetings are extended only to those couples who are celebrating their 50th (and subsequent) wedding anniversary.
4. BIRTHDAY GREETINGS. Birthday greetings will be sent only to individuals 80 years of age and above.
5. OTHER GREETINGS. A limited number of special occasions other than birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the President will send appropriate recognition to United States citizens. These occasions include important events such as:
a. Wedding (send your request after the event)
b. Baby's Birth (must be born during the Barack Obama Administration; send request only after baby's birth)
c. Eagle Scout Award
d. Girl Scout Gold Award
e. Bar/Bat Mitzvah or equivalent occasion
6. REQUIRED INFORMATION. Please include the following in your request:
a. name and home address of honoree(s)
b. form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.)
c. exact date of occasion (month, day, year)
d. age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage
e. your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number
f. Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address)
g. Baby's Birth (Include baby's date of birth and full names and address of baby and parents)
7. WHEN TO EXPECT YOUR GREETING. In most cases, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately ten (10) days prior to the event.